Comoonics 4.5 beta has been released
The open-sharedroot project is proud to announce the beta release of the cluster software comoonics 4.5 beta as base to the open-sharedroot cluster.
The open-sharedroot project finished the development phase for comoonics 4.5 and released the beta channel for the software.
The latest release includes the following major enhancements:
- Improved boot-time configuration. Configure the cluster node during boot time.
- Improved hardware detection and configuration.
- Enhanced cluster lifecycle. Boot the same OS installation in different (virt-)hardware configurations.
- Lite initrds to reduce the size of initrds by 50%
- Update existing initrds without the need to newly build them
- The same initrd can be used to boot multiple different kernels
The open-sharedroot project now adds support for the following technologies:
- Fedora 10
- Ext3 (single node)